Friday, October 10, 2014

October 6, 2014

What a week. The week are just flying by faster and faster! I seriously don't know how today got here so fast! I guess that is a good thing, right? The first transfer is over next week! Crazy! So this week, we got a new investigator, Victoria, who is Chuuk. There are a lot of people here from Chuuk but they are some of the most humble and Christlike people I know. Her dad answered the door and made us come in and sit down and gave us both water and then he sat in on the lesson with us. We are so excited to have Victoria! She is so open and receptive to the message! We got a senior couple this week in the YSA and we helped them move in on Wednesday. They are so cute and energetic and are perfect for this ward! They are so excited to be here and I know that they will do a lot for all these young single adults! Our ward now has 3 sets of missionaries! It is much needed though because there is so much work to do! We cover 5 stakes and go as far as Longview which is about an hour and a half away, so we don't have the miles to go up very often. I feel like we are always driving because everyone is so far away from each other, but I am grateful for the car! I feel like there are not enough hours in the day to do much but we are always busy! Conference was so amazing! It is like the Super Bowl for missionaries :) We all get so pumped to hear the prophet! It is even more amazing as a missionary because we look at everything so differently! I didn't have a favorite talk, because they were all so amazing! I learned a lot about things that I need to change to make me a better missionary. If everyone hasn't had the chance to see the video I shared on facebook, watch it. The sisters that made it are in my district and all the other missionaries that dance in it are in my district as well. They tried to get sister thomas and I to be in it too but we didn't know what they were talking about so we left. So I almost got my chance to be famous. Oh well. I am just impressed with it! I wish I was that creative! The weather has been unusually warm... 78. But i am loving it! It is finally getting to be boot and cardigan weather! I am super stoked! It rains on and off but has been sunny the past couple of days. Everyone tells me to wait until it starts raining nonstop and I can't lie, i am pretty excited. The members are still spoiling us, we have only had 3 dinner appointments cancel on us since I have been here! They feed us very well! I need to start doing more crunches and push ups or I am going to gain 5,000 pounds in the next 18 months.Well, that is all I have for this week! I am doing great and I am just trying to push myself as hard as I can! I love it here so much and I couldn't think of a better mission to serve in! I am pretty biased, but this is the best mission in the world! :) The members are fantastic and the YSA's are on fire with missionary work! I hope everyone is doing well! I Iove you all! Have a great week!
Sister Henderson

No comments:

Post a Comment