Tuesday, September 30, 2014

September 29, 2014

This week was so great! We had a baptism on Tuesday for a girl that has been taking the lessons for about 6 months. She decided to tell her aunt and uncle that she lives with who are members, and it turned out great! She had her uncle baptize her and her aunt made all the programs and brought refreshments and everything! They made it so much better than any missionary could and I am so grateful for them! There were a lot of nonmembers there so that was pretty exciting! We had brought out a jumpsuit for her and she told us that her grandma had actually bought her a white dress from Deseret Book. She looked so beautiful and she just glowed the whole time. She didn't want to admit how great she felt afterward, but we could definitely tell :) We got to go to the temple on Friday which was so great! The Portland temple is so gorgeous and it was much needed! I felt so refreshed after we got back and it was just what I needed! There was another YSA baptism on Saturday that we got to go to as well. It was in Portland but she lives in Vancouver, so she will start coming to the YSA next week. The baptism was great! I love going over to Portland because people there are crazy. You always see something interesting on pretty much every street. I just love it though. It keeps things interesting :)
We are getting a senior couple in the YSA this week, so when they come there will be 3 sets of missionaries in our ward. We are so excited for them to come because we have a lot for them to do! It will for sure make things a little easier and it will help us continue to be more successful. Added plus, senior couples are so cute and funny so that will be a lot of fun to work with them! Not much else has happened, but it was for sure a week full of miracles. Time is already flying by! I have been out on a mission for almost 6 weeks and I have been in Washington for about 4 weeks now! I understand now when people say that on a mission, the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days. It is so true, missionary time is crazy! I am so excited for general conference this weekend! General Conference is like Christmas to missionaries! It gives us so many opportunities to invite people and gives us something to invite them to! 
The weather here is so beautiful! It has been pretty overcast this week and it has cooled off a lot, but I love it! It is finally cardigan and boot weather! :D I was definitely called here for a reason. The weather makes me happy!
I love you all and I hope you all have a great week! Enjoy conference and let me know what you get out of it! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment