Thursday, October 30, 2014

October 27, 2014

What a week! The work here is so good. Unfortunately, we had to drop one of our investigators because she won't come to church, which was a bummer. We have been meeting with her since I have been here and they have been teaching her even longer than that. It was really hard to drop her but I don't think it will ever be easy to drop anyone, we did find a new investigator on Thursday! We taught her a lesson on Friday and put her on date for baptism! She came to church on Sunday and she was sharing a ton of comments which was so great. Our other investigator that we had on date decided that she wasn't ready, so we won't be having a baptism next week. All we can do is keep meeting with her and help her get to the point where she feels like she is ready! The weather has been crazy. It has been super windy and rainy. There was a tornado in Longview, about an hour away from me, but don't worry. I'm still alive. I'm only missing one leg so I still have another to spare. In Vancouver there were trees laying in the middle of the road which reminded me a lot of what happens in Arizona when it rains. You would have though the world was ending with everyone's reactions. 

We got a new car this week, so in the midst of the shuffle we got to drive the AP's truck since we didn't have a car, and you kinda need a car when you cover 5 stakes. We had way too much fun with it and tried to convince the AP's to let us keep it, but they gave us a new Ford Fusion instead, so we let it slide just this once :)

Funny story of the week: a girl in the ward signed up to feed us on Friday night and told us that she was going to take us to her home ward's Halloween party/chili cook-off. That was great and all, but she didn't show up until 40 minutes late so we were left to hang out with her mom the whole time. Everyone in the ward was really confused and thought we were new missionaries in the ward, and were disappointed when we told them that we weren't. The elders that are actually in the ward glared at us the whole time and were not happy with us being there. It was actually pretty funny. It was so weird being at a family ward party because there were kids everywhere and a lot of pregnant women. Kids are a foreign concept in the singles ward! We just felt so awkward and out of place. I don't know what I am going to do when I leave the YSA. It is a totally different kind of work. I love the members in the ward because they are so supportive and so missionary minded. A lot of them are returned missionaries so they are so helpful. 

That's about all for this week! Nothing too interesting, but we stay busy! I can't believe that I have been out for almost 10 weeks. It really does go by so fast! I really don't know how I have been able to wake up at 6:30 every morning. Miracle truly do exist! Thanks for all the prayers and support! They really do help me to work harder every day. I love you all! Have a great week and an awesome Halloween! Stay safe :)
Sister Henderson
Short lived joy

We are a little excited for Halloween 

This stupid balloon was only supposed to stay lit up for 15 hours. It has been a week and it is still going strong

No comments:

Post a Comment