Monday, December 15, 2014

December 8, 2014

This week has been so great! We had the opportunity to go to the temple on Tuesday as a mission. It was so refreshing to feel the peace that the temple brings! After our temple trip, we had a Christmas program as a mission. The spirit was so strong and really got me excited for Christmas. Christmas time as a missionary is the best! People are a lot more receptive to us and are more willing to meet with us. We had to drop a few people this week, which was really hard. It always breaks my heart when we have to drop people because they aren't progressing. We went tracting this week a few times in the pouring rain. I actually really love it! I don't think I will ever get tired of the rain. Thankfully I got a good raincoat so getting wet is the least of my worries :) I now know why missionaries gain so much weight. People won't stop feeding us. On Saturday one of our recent concerts fed us dinner. She still hasn't told her mom that she was baptized because her mom has a history of chasing away missionaries and screaming and yelling at them, but her grandma lives with her and knows about everything. Her grandma is from the Philippines (and is so TINY) and wanted to make us dinner, and her mom showed up halfway through our dinner. Sister Thomas and I were preparing ourselves for the worst, but her mom just sat down and started eating with us and was very pleasant. We were so shocked that she was so nice to us. The lord really does provide miracles! Our investigator, Vivian, still won't commit to a baptismal date. She knows it's true, but she just isn't ready to make that commitment. Hopefully she will realize how important it is and choose to make that decision. Our other investigator, Rose, is doing great. The only problem is that she lives with her 16 year old boyfriend. They are both so interested and just love everything we teach them. They got really excited about the plan of salvation. Well that is about it for this week. I am still plugging along even with the pain I am in with my hand. Thank you for all the love and support! Have a great week and remember to be nice to the missionaries :)
Sister Henderson


No comments:

Post a Comment