Tuesday, August 26, 2014

First P-Day at the MTC!

This week has been amazing! I know why they call it the spirit prison now, because the spirit is so strong but you feel stuck here! I have a trio so that means instead of getting one awesome companion, I get TWO! Sister Hughes and Sister Kramer. They are SO amazing and I am so glad I get two of them! My district is amazing and I am so lucky to spend so much time with 8 amazing elders and sisters. I love watching them grow and it is so great to have so many people to grow with! So I probably have the best teachers. Sister Evans and Sister Murphey are in charge of hiring all the teachers and they occasionally pick up a district to teach. We seriously lucked out. We always have other teachers in our room observing them so it is pretty legit. I have learned SO much in the past few days and it feels like it has been an eternity. Not that I'm complaining or anything :) Our class is on the fifth floor so I get to climb 5 flights of stairs 5-6 times a day and I LOVE it. No really, my calves are looking awesome! Today was P-Day so that means I got to go the the temple this morning which was so great. It was really what I needed!We are learning to teach investigators (teachers pretending to be investigators) and it is a huge learning process. We are nowhere near committing them to be baptized but we are getting there. So I learned something revolutionary. There is an elder in my district that was talking to one of our teachers and they were talking about how they have the same birthday. So I asked them when it was and they said August 12. I freaked out. The elder is the exact same age as me and I think that its amazing that there are 3 of us with the same birthday. Everyone in my district is going to Washington, but only Sister Hughes is going to Vancouver with me. Sister Kramer and all of the elders are all going to Tacoma which is pretty great. I found out that I leave next Tuesday morning so I'm not sure if I'll be able to email! I love you all! Thanks for all the support!
Love, 
Sister Henderson





No comments:

Post a Comment